John Wepner runs Wepner Wellness Therapy, which opened in January 2019. He and his wife, Janet, had previously operated the Wepner Wellness Center in Newton, NC for eight years. Due to changes in the business and growing family responsibilities, the need for innovation emerged. Instead of both John and Janet running a center with many classes and responsibilities, John now conducts his private practice of massage therapy, craniosacral therapy and reiki in Hickory. John also sees clients in the Lake Norman/Huntersville area once a week.
John has been a native of the Hickory area for many years. He moved to Conover from Chicago when he was nine years old. He met Janet in Newton, Hickory's next door neighbor, and are now raising their family there. Growing up John enjoyed participating in piano, community theater, mountain biking, and attending Boy Scouts and youth events at local churches.
John has been passionate about health in the body, mind, and emotions most of his life. He began receiving chiropractic care and reading books on health and healing at age sixteen. He learned about Reiki then and started attending the Barbara Brennan School of Healing after he finished high school. That launched him into massage therapy, craniosacral therapy, and led him to begin his Masters in Counseling. John is currently in school completing his Masters degree, working during the day and taking classes in the evening.
John knows that a lack of health and balance in any area of our lives will affect the whole body. He believes in the power and wisdom of our bodies' and mind's ability to heal itself. He has cultivated his skills and gifts to assist others in becoming more aware and self-responsible for their health and life journey in compassionate and honest ways. He looks towards the deeper levels of the body and psyche in helping to understand, feel, accept, and heal from the physical, mental, and emotional challenges we face.
Through his many years of training, continued development, and experience working with all types of clients; he is able to assist others towards a state of health and embodied vitality.
John's credentials include:
- B.S. Degree in Health Promotion from Appalachian State University (ASU), 2017.
- Graduated from Natural Touch School of Massage Therapy in Hickory, NC in 2006. Licensed Massage and Bodywork Therapist (NC #12144).
- Graduated from the 4-yr Barbara Brennan School of Healing (BBSH) in 2006, the 2-yr Advanced Studies-Brennan Integration Work program in 2010, and the 1-yr Teacher Training program in 2011. Received a B.S. Degree in Brennan Healing Science.
- Worked as faculty at BBSH in Miami/Fort Lauderdale area for five years from 2011 - 2016.
- Craniosacral Therapy training from CST Alliance; Basic Elements 1 (BE1) in 2015, BE2 & BE3 in 2016, SE1 and CLI in 2018.
- Graduated from the 5-yr Pathwork Transformation Program and the 2-yr Advanced Pathwork Studies at the Sevenoaks Retreat Center in 2009, then the 3-yr Pathwork Helper Training program in 2012.
- Completed Reiki I in 1999, Reiki II in 2000, and Reiki Master in 2012.
- Group Facilitator with the Heros Journey Foundation since 2011.
- Completed 4 years with the PsychoEnergetics training on body-mind facilitation in 2016.
- National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB) Approved CE Provider #1517
John and Janet Wepner have a vision to help build health, wellness and communities in the greater Hickory area. With this desire they previously created the Wepner Wellness Center. To read more about the story of our creating the center click here. With their needs changing, they have created this office in Hickory with Wepner Wellness Therapy. Janet teaches yoga weekly at everyoneYoga in Hickory.
John and Janet both trained at the professional healing school, the Barbara Brennan School of Healing. They both see clients using the powerful skills and expertise they gained at the school. They also branched out with John specializing in massage and craniosacral therapy, and Janet with teaching yoga. To learn more about John and Janet Wepner click here.