John Wepner sees clients through Wepner Wellness Therapy, which he opened in Hickory in January 2019. He previously co-operated The Wepner Wellness Center in Newton, NC for eight years. John now conducts his private practice of mental health counseling and craniosacral therapy in Hickory. John also sees clients in the Lake Norman/Huntersville area once a week.
John has been passionate about health in the body, mind, and emotions since he was a teenager. He began reading books on health and healing at age sixteen. Over the years he studied and practiced massage therapy, craniosacral therapy, energy healing modalities, and body-mind trainings all which fueled his growing passion to become a psychotherapist. John recently completed his Masters degree in Clinical Mental Health Counseling and is excited to have a platform that culminates all his years of experience and training in the healing arts.
John knows that a lack of health and balance in any area of our lives will affect the whole body and mind. He believes in the power and wisdom of our bodies' and mind's ability to heal itself. He has cultivated his skills and gifts to assist others in becoming more aware and self-responsible for their wellness and life journey in compassionate and honest ways. He looks towards the deeper levels of the body and psyche in helping to understand, feel, accept, and heal from the physical, mental, and emotional challenges we face.
Through his many years of training, continued development, and experience working with a diverse range of clients; he strives to assist others towards a state of wellness and embodied vitality.
John's credentials include:
- M.A. in Clinical Mental Health Counseling, from Lenoir-Rhyne University, 2020
- B.S. in Health Promotion, from Appalachian State University (ASU), 2017.
- Graduated from Natural Touch School of Massage Therapy in Hickory, NC in 2006. Licensed Massage and Bodywork Therapist (NC #12144).
- Graduated from the 4-yr Barbara Brennan School of Healing (BBSH) in 2006, the 2-yr Advanced Studies-Brennan Integration Work program in 2010, and the 1-yr Teacher Training program in 2011. Received a B.S. in Brennan Healing Science.
- On faculty at BBSH in Miami/Fort Lauderdale from 2011 - 2016.
- Craniosacral Therapy training from CST Alliance: BE1, 2015; BE2 & BE3, 2016; SE1 & CLI, 2018; SE2, 2019.
- Graduated from the 5-yr Pathwork Transformation Program and the 2-yr Advanced Pathwork Studies at the Sevenoaks Retreat Center in 2009, then the 3-yr Pathwork Helper Training program in 2012.
- Completed Reiki I in 1999, Reiki II in 2000, and Reiki Master in 2012.
- Group facilitator with the Heros Journey Foundation since 2011.
- Completed 4 years in PsychoEnergetics training on body-mind facilitation in 2016.
- National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB) Approved CE Provider #1517